Tuesday, August 11, 2009

random photo shoot

So I had a friend take some great photos of Braden for his 2 year old photos out at her parents house .... they have a beautiful place. This is one of the great photos she took. So I have a really small house with few places for more frames .... so who wants some pictures??? I need to at least let Shea make the money she deserves for dealing with Braden's foul mood that night, so let me know who needs some pictures!!!! Grandma?? Aunt Judy??? Tell me what you have a frame for!Ugh .... and yes, we caught another flipping mole! Icky!
Update on our crazy lives for August:

Braden starts his new class next week ... he's getting so big. He use to have this same teacher in the afternoons, so he's familiar with her and loves her! So I'm not at all anxious about the move. He is getting so big! He has adult conversations, and a big adult attitude! He has really taken to Lucy, and the two are becoming inseparable. He abuses her, she takes it, and then she comes back for more ... so I don't feel sorry for her anymore. As I type right now, he is playing on my iPhone and she is pawing at his back for him to play with her. I had my doubts at first about her ... but I'm really really happy to have her here (muddy feet, holes in the backyard, hair everywhere, chewing ......) What's not to love?!
(prepare for rambling)
As I am getting older ... and my baby is now 3!!!! .... God is really working on my attitude about being a single mom. Besides my dating anxiety, I've been pretty mentally sound! Ha! With close friends having fertility issues, patients at work losing their babies, and even silly things like Jon and Kate getting a divorce, I have really realized that I have a lot to be thankful for in my dysfunctional little family. I think for the last 3 years, I've put so much weight on NOT being a single mom, NOT living in Claremore forever, and NOT being single that I forgot to focus on what is right in front of my face ... the sweetest blessing I'll ever receive. I'm going on a dating strike! I'm going to focus on Braden and stop letting silly boys distract me! Ha! Seriously .... they are wearing me out. Leave me alone! Ok, I feel better
The only other thing on my mind is my headaches .... they are starting to really cripple me. Long story short .... I have a TMJ disorder that gives me terrible tension headaches. I have clicking, popping, locking, aching, tightness .... I take Lexapro for the tension, and it helps a little. I have an appointment with a TMJ specialist that an oral surgeon referred me to. He says he will help me in ways my dentists in the past couldn't. I'm really excited, because I had given up on my treatment and kinda accepted that I would have to live like this. Just to give you an idea how it affects me .... when I try to go off my Lexapro, I have headaches 4-5 mornings a week. I started the med and started working out 4 times a week. Currently, I have one at least 2 days a week, and tension daily. My jaw gets tight and really tender, and I also have trouble falling asleep and sometimes even staying asleep because of the discomfort in my face. Exercising REALLY helps, but I can't do it every day! Anyway, that's enough .... just wanted to get some stuff out of my head .... headache is improving already! HA!
Hope everyone is having a good week. I'll update again this weekend with painting progress hopefully! YAY!
PS - Mom and Dad ... we really do appreciate all that you are doing for us! We wouldn't get very far without you guys! I love you!

5 comments:

Amber Roberts said...

wow that was really long

Anonymous said...

It is so good to see your heart Amber and you are so right to focus on Braden. God will bring the right man for you both in HIS timing but perhaps right now - God longs for you to focus on HIM and not any other. It is so neat to look at God as our everything!!!
I will pray for your TMJ. I had a friend that had that and it was horrible for her. They were able to do a surgery for her but not sure what all that intailed.
Hang in there - the Lord is the One you and Braden need the most right now!!!

Jordan said...

i think you are awesome! Know that you and Braden make frequent appearances in my prayers. He's so lucky to have you as a momma.

The Moore Fam said...

i'm pretty sure that i don't want to see anymore pictures of the moles...those things are gross!
but i love your last post....so sweet :)

Jordan said...

oh, feel free to swing by any time if you have a break from work and need some baby time, or we can meet for lunch sometime! Emmy and I love visitors.