Wednesday, June 16, 2010

www.asecondmiracle.blogspot.com

Jace Burgess
2007-2010
So I have a pretty heavy heart tonight. The tears are so normal to my face this week, that I don't even wipe them away anymore. Such a roller coaster. This little boy has a special place on my blog for a couple of reasons tonight. He lost his special little life today, and he shouldn't have. His sweet mom was a coworker of mine. I can't even get these words out ... her boyfriend shook that baby so hard on Saturday night that he died 4 days later. Leslie's faith this week has been such an inspiration to me ... and it couldn't have been at a better time. The very day I thought ... and actually spoke, "NOTHING could make this day any worse," was the day Leslie found out her baby would not live another day. I can find another job. If I lost everything I owned, it could be replaced. I could never replace by son. Leslie and her sister were holding on to their belief in God and their faith that He is by their sides protecting them throughout all of this when many of us would be yelling and screaming and asking why me. Though I'm sure they've had their moments, it's been an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others. Leslie's facebook had thousands of comments, her blog shows followers from places so far away ... people were calling me that she'd never met in the middle of the afternoon just to check on Leslie ... praying for Jace and his family

From Leslie about an hour ago ...

Leslie Burgess I may have not gotten the second miracle I asked for. Our journey has been great in three years. I saved Jace and in turn he saved me. I have carried on that servants heart to my son. He will now save others. And not just a second miracle...... Maybe countless. His body was once thought beyond repair and now he will repair others....


As far as the monster that shook that little boy - the little boy who just celebrated his third birthday a couple of weeks ago ... Someone on her blog said it best when they said, "I hope he repents ... and then gets hit by a train!"

1 comment:

The Moore Fam said...

tears are streaming down my face as my heart weeps for everyone in this little boys life. i pray that family and friends can find some peace in all of this. love you amber and braden