Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My amazing friend Shelly

So I forgot to post the coolest thing from last weekend! My awesome friend Shelly competed in her first triathalon ... and got SECOND PLACE in her age group!!! She is such an inspiration to me. Not only did she train like crazy for this race, but she is one of the most caring people I've ever met, a devoted wife and mother, and great friend. An ironic twist of events brought us into each others lives, and I now believe that God has a plan for everything. For those of you who don't know, Braden has a half sister. Bailey just turned 9 years old, and Shelly is her mother. Just 5 years ago, Shelly and I barely spoke to each other and had no idea that we'd soon be such great friends. There's the irony! The only thing we had in common then was that we loved that little girl! Who knew ...
Now, I can't imagine my life without them in it. We are so fortunate that Shelly and Ashton have welcomed us into their family, and I do feel like we are all family. We may be fit for Jerry Springer (without the hair pulling) but we are determined to keep the kids in contact over the years, and the funny thing is - we enjoy spending time together just as much, if not more, than they do!

Shell with her trophy ...


a tiny picture of the kids

my Arkansas girlfriends that I just adore ... and Braden of course! We were so proud of our Shelly!

1 comment:

The Moore Fam said...

awwww amber!! you're such a great, sweet friend/person!! i couldn't imagine out lives without you guys, love you both so much!!