Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Non-Kitchen post

Well, I just wanted to break the trend here and get back to why this blog was created ...... BRADEN! I am feeling pretty rotten tonight because my baby is having a really hard week. He started his new class on Monday. Even though he has a teacher that he is familiar with and many of the same friends in his class, I think he is a little stressed out .... as much stress as a 3 year old can really have! He has had an accident every day this week, and he hasn't done that in months. He even tried to clean up his accident yesterday without me finding out. He cried from the second I picked him up today, had an unbelievable attitude with me all evening, and was so worked up when I finally shut him in his room to go to bed that he was gagging. When Jeeps made a surprise visit, we went in to calm him down. He was still crying and almost hyperventilating to catch his breath. I laid in his bed with him after Jeeps left and he had a death grip on my arm. I went from feeling frustrated to feeling a little responsible. After talking to a good friend, Sarah, on the phone - I came to the conclusion that he really needs me. I feel like we are together alot and spend quality time together, but we really don't. I wake up later and later every morning and practically wisk him out the door in a hurry every day. Bedtime is always a fight, and we stay so busy after work and on the weekends, that I can't tell you the last time I sat in the floor and played with him. *sigh* So keep us in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. We will return to normal soon! I had signed up to train to run a 15K (the Tulsa Run) in October, and I've decided to quit that and sign Braden up for swim class instead! I'll still try to keep in shape enough to run the Race for the Cure and some other 5K's, but I want to make Braden a priority over everything else for now. I'll just get fat and have fun with my baby! Ha! Kidding - I think I can do both without overdoing it! Also, I don't know if I've mentioned the TMJ update .... I spend a ton of money on new TMJ treatment with a specialist here in Tulsa. I'm off ALL MY MEDICATIONS!!!! Day 5 of my splints and besides having a hard time falling asleep with my night appliance, I am symptom free! No jaw pain, no headaches! WOOOO! I'll be paying for this for a while, but I'm already thinking it's worth it! If you've made it this far in the blog, thanks for caring enough to listen to me ramble! We love you all ....

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hang in there girl. All mommies have been where you are. Needing sleep and "me time" often had me getting Kam up in the morning, getting his breakfast, and letting him play video games and watch movies for hours so I could sleep in. Braden is telling you in his language that something is different in his everyday life and he needs you to reassure him that you will always be there and never change. You're an awesome momma. Never doubt that.

Heather said...

Amber, you are a great mommy and don't ever forget that. That sweet little boy will love you until the end of time and no matter how hard yesterday was or the day before that... he will still see your face this morning & love you. Both of you are in my thoughts!!