I wish I had more pictures! Kara and I went to the Current River in Van Buren, MO last weekend, and when I get the pictures I'm waiting for (hint, hint) I'll blog more! This one of the view from our room is all I have! We stayed at the Landing, a hotel, on the water. We floated a couple of days, went to some hole-in-the-wall bar, made some new friends, and had a blast. It was a tradition that Kara's dad started 12 years ago. Next month will be a year after his passing, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate his life than to spend a fun weekend with his amazing friends every summer. They are so great. I only wish we could've spent more of our adult lives with him. Instead, my only memories of him are us getting in trouble as teens ;( ha oh well - fun memories! I'm sure he'd love to hear some of the hilarious adventures we had this weekend! We laughed, we cried, and yes, Tammy ... we made memories. And as long as I have willing sitters, I will make this an annual tradition of mine as well. They told me by the end of the weekend I would be family, and I felt like I was before the end of the first day. I love Kara with every ounce of my being, and I could see how much Kerry meant to all of them. This trip was very special to him, and it was very special to all of us. Thanks for letting me be a part of it, Kara! NOW SEND ME SOME PICTURES!

Here's a few pics I had sitting around of the past few weeks. Here's Braden and Eric (or as Braden calls him "E") at Skiatook lake
Yesterday at the lake my friend Chase wakeboarding.
I haven't gotten off of the couch all day because my back hurts so bad. Needless to say, I didn't do so well. Braden kept saying, "come on, Momma, I know you can do it!" Ha! I didn't want to let him down! So I just kept trying and trying! It hurts!
Thanks to my great friends for being so patient with me while I tried a million times!

This is my great friend Julie dancing with Braden at the concert in Utica Square. He just had to dance right in the center of the dance floor! It was the last concert night and there was about 1,000 people there!!!!! He was cracking people up! So cute! Julie is a good sport! We love our Jules!

1 comment:
glad you updated! We miss you too. What's your new work schedule like...8-5? Let's plan something.
Post a Comment