New family member!
Ok, so here she is. Her name is now Lucy. She was "Cricket." Here's her success story link on their website ..... http://labrescue.net/adoptables_current/adopted_200906/cricket.htm. Her foster mommy has emailed me a few times (from vacation on some island!) to tell me her story and what a sweet girl we have. She was beaten and used as a puppy machine, and her foster said that she watched her go from a scared little girl who would not let anyone pet her to the sweetest pup she's ever fostered. She said she's had over 90 rescues in her years with the foundation, and she's one of four dogs that she's wished she could keep. The best part is she wants to dog sit for me if I ever go out of town! Yay! I know it sounds nuts because I work out of town, and I'm a single mom with enough on my plate. I hope to prove my doubters wrong and make Lucy a special part of my little family for as long as God will let us keep her! She recently had pups, and took to Braden immediately like he was hers! They were instant buds, and it really made me tear up when they met because we just all knew she was the one! She's such a calm, submissive dog. So far, we've learned that she's scared to get in the car (fear of being dumped we think), and she HATES taking a bath with the hose in the backyard! HA! We'll have to get use to that! She doesn't fetch ... so much for the 6 pack of tennis balls I bought for her homecoming gift! Oh well. Ok, that's enough. Just wanted to introduce my bloggy friends to the new addition. Love you all!



1 comment:
Jake & I gave our dog a bath with the hose once! She hated it, too!! We think it was because the water was way too COLD!! We always just give her a bath in the tub with lukewarm water. She still tries to get out, but she's better than with the hose.--The tub has to be cleaned afterwords because of all the dog hair, but it's worth it to us to keep our dog clean & happy!!
Post a Comment