As for my challenge? Well, I will be running my first 5K race this weekend. I know to some that doesn't sound like much, but I am NOT a runner! I really have to dig deep to get my body and mind to cooperate long enough to run at all!! HA! I also did my orientation today at the child abuse shelter here in Tulsa. It was so awesome! It works just like I'd hoped it would ... I have a badge that will literally let me in any time I want! I could show up and rock babies or just sit in the floor and watch TV with the teenagers. I can even arrange off-campus activities with the kids, and they will provide the transportation and money for the kids. It's great! I am really looking forward to getting as much out of this experience as I possibly can. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to them, but I think I'll get out of it what I put in! Also, I start KICKBALL tomorrow! Ha yeah I know, right?! Me, kickball? Eh ... I'm just wanting to be a little more social with my "not-mom" friends. No offense guys! Braden will come to probably most of the games, but I just really would like to do some stuff for ME and my wellbeing. He gets swim class; I get kickball! Hope everyone is having a good week!
I'd like to briefly mention my friends Julie and Kenton: they are going through their first IUI today (insemination!) They have struggled with fertility issues for a while now, and I just would like to ask everyone to pray that this works for them. It would be such a blessing if it works the first time! I love you, Julie! You have brought such joy to my life by being my friend lately. I feel like I'm right there with you in this journey, and I can not wait to go through a pregnancy with you! We all really take a lot for granted. I think God sent me Julie to remind me that being a single mom is such a blessing, and I have alot to be thankful for! I've gotta go hug my baby .....
Love you all!
Amber


1 comment:
I only know Julie through pix on your Fbook, but special prayers for them. I have such a hard time understanding things like : mental retardation and infertility (more than that, but especially those two things).
Good for you for doing kickball. We all need things for sanity. My specialty is starting creative projects and not finishing them. Just starting makes me feel better.
And, I had fun doing lunch today. Wish I could be on maternity leave more often ;)
Post a Comment