Sunday, September 20, 2009

The age of innocence

What I wouldn't give to have Kara in the backyard on the swingset laughing like nothing was wrong ...For those of you who do not know ... this is Braden's buddy, Connor. His mother Kara and I have been friends for 10 years, were roommates for a while after college, and now have the great opportunity to raise our boys just 1.2 miles away from each other. Kara lost her 46 year old father last night very unexpectedly. Connor has been with us all weekend, and it has really made me realize just how precious life really is. He may not remember what a special person his "G-pa" really was, but he was a dad to everyone he knew. He reminds me a lot of my dad in the sense that all of Kara's friends knew him as "dad" and not Kerry. He owned a bait and tackle shop here in town that Kara has worked at for many years, and he was very well known and loved here in Claremore. So many people will miss him. Please pray for my friend Kara, her husband Brandon, her brothers Eric and Cameron, and her mother Tammy. I've tried so hard all weekend to find the words to comfort her, and I just can't. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose my dad right now. He was my dad's age ... 46. Tell your loved ones that you love them, hold them tight, and never take a minute for granted.



2 comments:

Mamo said...

Thnaknk you so much for your kindness and kind words. Thankful you could lighten the burden and for your friendship. Love you

The Moore Fam said...

ok slacker. we need some updates, it's been like 11 days! ;)