Thursday, July 2, 2009

My baby brother turns 18

So I can remember 18 years ago today when my Aunt Judy came in and woke me up to tell me that I had a baby brother. I cried. I was MAD! I was mad that they didn't wake me up to go, and I was even more mad that it wasn't a girl! I was pretty upset about it until I got to hold him. I wouldn't let anyone else hold him and I cried when my grandma made me leave the hospital. He was MY baby. I was 8 1/2, and I thought I was a big girl. I remember getting in trouble for getting up out of the recliner with him and walking into the other room. I thought my mom was going to kill me! I read stories to him every night, and when he was about Braden's age, I dressed him up like a girl, a baby, and a rockstar and took pictures of him. (Yes, I still have said photos for blackmail in the future!) It's hard to believe that was 18 years ago, and I know have my own little boy to watch grow up. I wish I would have been closer to Weston growing up because he is a great kid, and if we'd been closer in age he would have been a great influence for me to have in my life. Oh well. Everything happens for a reason! We are close now. I love you, bub. Here's to many more ...

His girlfriend Shelby arranged a surprise birthday party for him tonight .... a princess themed party of course! Braden had fun!




oh yeah ... this is how Lucy thanked us for leaving her for the party. I think she got upset when I came to play for only a second and then we left her for 3 hours. She ate Braden's booster seat! It was in thousands of tiny pieces!
I love my dog, I love my dog, I love my dog ......



2 comments:

Karmen said...

Better that booster seat than the wooden bench! I have a dog that used to chew on the wood!! YIKES! Maybe some big raw hide bones could help! ?

Annie said...

I had a similar reaction to my baby sister except that I pushed on her soft spot and poked her eyeballs with my finger! I was 4 when she was born.

Poor Lucy, she's just showing you how much she misses you and Braden when you're gone.