Friday, April 24, 2009

Our spa day got exciting REALLY quickly!


So because Phyllis was scheduled for her C-section on Monday .... we decided to have an all day spa day. This was the first time we'd ever done this, so we have been looking forward to it for months! We joked around about how she was going to go into labor in the middle of our day ..... well, she didn't. She waited until after the massages, the facials, and the pedicures! We were ordering dinner at Charleston's when ...... "My water just broke," came out of her mouth like a freight train! WOOOOO! She said she always wanted the dramatic labor experience ... well, she got it this time! We ran out of the restaurant, and I drove like a bat out of hell all the way to the hospital. She was in so much pain .... we had to stop several times in the hallway during her contractions. When she got checked in, she was already dilated to a 6! Baby Brooklyn was just as beautiful as her sisters, and weighed in at a big 6 lb, 7 oz. What an exciting end to a very relaxing day!!!! I love Phyllis, and all of her beautiful girls are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother. 



3 comments:

The Moore Fam said...

omigosh how exciting!!! and what a beautiful baby girl!

Amber Roberts said...

I just keep re-reading this story because I can't believe it!

Annie said...

How fun!! At least she got to relax before the chaos!! What a gorgeous girl!